Parklands Community Primary School has a governing body made up of 12 committed and passionate volunteers, that play an important part in making our school the best it can be for its children, parents/carers and our staff.
The role of the Governing body is to provide strategic leadership of the school work in partnership with the Headteacher and have a vital role to play in ensuring every child gets the best possible education.
We do this by focusing on three core strategic functions:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Holding the Headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
The membership of the Governing Body is, as determined by law, made up of different types of governors. The Governing Body is made up of Parent Governors, Co-Opted Governors, a Local Authority Governor, a Staff Governor and the Headteacher.
Our Governors are:
Co-opted Governors (Elected by standing members of the governing body)
- Tony Droar
- Nicky Smith
- Alyzn Johnson
- (2 x vacancies)
Local Authority Governor (Selected by the Local Authority (WSCC)
- David Millican (Chair of Governors)
- Charlotte Angeli
Parent Governors (Elected by current parents of the pupils of the school)
- Zoe Turton
- Nathan Brook (Vice Chair of Governors)
- (1 x vacancies)
- Richard Rogers
Staff Governor (Elected by members of staff)
- Alison Sole
For further information regarding our Governing Body please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org